Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Going home

I spent last weekend in Berlin with Dr H, instead of him coming here. It was odd, going back to our old flat. I was there last in December for a day, and before that it had been several months. Somehow I felt like that part of my life is over, that I'm now older and different. But I'm not. Back in Berlin I started to feel again like the insecure student I was, instead of the old and wise graduate and married woman that I am. Oh what a load of crap!
Actually, to let you in on a little secret, I'm not at all old and wise. Ignore the grey hairs and advancing wrinkles, I'm still the same 15-year-old that got picked on at school, the same 19-year-old that never wore trendy clothes, the same 24-year-old in a new country unable to speak the language. Its amazing really how little I've grown up in all those years.

No comments: