Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Happy Birthday DrH!

Well you are 36 - definately on your way to middle age, a midlife crisis, motorbike and young, blonde bit-on-the-side. In the four years we've been together you've gotten a lot more grey hairs (and no, much as you like to think it - that isn't "pale blonde" scattered through your beard) and you've managed to throw your back several times, demonstrating how quickly old age creeps up on you past your prime.

You have managed, however, to keep the best butt in Europe. Well done.

I never used to consider myself much of a relationship-type girl. Frankly, I sucked at them - just ask any of my ex's. But this relationship has been one of the easiest things I've ever had to deal with. Even the difficult times (and this year there certainly have been those!) have been relatively smooth. We are respectful with each other, careful of not saying too much, but also aware that saying too little can be just as damaging. I know it won't always be this simple. I know we have many more years and many more complications to our marriage ahead. But I welcome them, I look forward to it. Because I think you and I can do it.

Ich hab dich lieb. Herzlichen Gl├╝ckwunsch.

No comments: