Monday, May 15, 2006

The second moment of Z

My stay-at-home lifestyle has suffered a brief but sharp kick to the ribs and I´ve been secondered by DrH´s company to spend a few weeks doing the sciency-stuff he and his colleagues can´t get finished ´cause they spend too much time in meetings. And it´s been fun. None of that lab-work crap I hate, but the more thrilling sit-on-my-arse-in-front-of-the-computer work. And I´m getting paid for it.

At the moment I´m struggling with some really difficult data and trying all kinds of diagnostic-thingies to work out just WHAT THE FUCK is going on with it and so I came across this statement in my trawling the web for solutions:

Test: I2/I2 (also refered to as "the second moment of Z", where Z = I'/I')

Is that not just a surreal name? I am SO going to write a sci-fi novel now based around that phrase.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ET is still waiting !?!?!?!?!?!?!

Dr J. said...

ET could try a normal email.......

Anonymous said...

OK, this Aussie ET will do just that, so talk to me pleeeease, I miss you.

Neil said...

Don't wait too long.. Commit to writing something about it.. and keep wrting... the Flash in the Pan is the 1% inspiration.. success (task completed - satisfaction - oh, the money) comes from the other 99% perspiration.