Thursday, August 03, 2006

The day she becomes Dr Business

An hour ago I was at the Gewerbeamt and officially registered my business.

I came out of the office really quite frightened. I´m not sure exactly why - it cost me exactly 26€ to register so it´s not like I´ve just floated a company personally risking 100 000€. But for some reason it terrified the pants off me, that now it´s no longer just fucking around here, but that I have to now put out. So to speak.

DrH came with me just incase there were any language problems (official offices are really good at throwing a word at me I don´t know - No you need a Goobledygook before you can even think of doing this). He wasn´t quite sure about my reaction and spent the drive home a little confused. So when we got in the door he looked at me, face grinning, eyes sparkling, fists clenched and said, " You know what we need to celebrate? A cup of tea."

3 comments:

ScienceWoman said...

Congrats on taking the next step forward.

Marcus said...

Congratulations! We all support what you are doing and know you'll do well.

If can do anything to help you, let me know.

Susan said...

Congratulations and I know exactly what you mean. We're very excited for you.