Monday, September 18, 2006

When you´ve been overdoing the sci-fi everything becomes just that much more meaningful

Recently I borrowed the entire series of Babylon 5 from a sci-fi geek so that I could finally finish it. When it was first shown in Australia the rotten scheduling of it combined with my Honours year meant I missed most of series 4 and 5.

So far we´re up to the start of series four. With each series being 22 episodes of forty minutes that means we´ve ingested a lot of meaningful scripting, poignant moments, triumphant speeches and insightful lectures on humanity, ethics and love.

We are feeling extremely profound right now.

Unfortuantely this causes quite a bit of disappointment when reality steps back in. Consider.

"Why don´t you ever say anything like that to me? Why is there no DrJ, I could not imagine a universe without you in it?"

"Probably because life is too full of comments like I wouldn´t go into the bathroom for the next half an hour if I were you."

1 comment:

Susan said...

Love the B-5. Seriously one of the best series out there. It was so...epic and the foreshadowing was intense.

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold