Tuesday, October 17, 2006

More Meme´s (sorry)

Guess who did it again?

My earliest memory is… standing at the windows in Melbourne airport watching the plane taking my grandparents to China take off. Nothing has ever again been as large as those windows were. I looked up and they went on forever.

At high school I
… tended to wear the winter uniform kilt most of the summer as well.

My first relationship was… short and innocent. (which reminds me, congrats on getting married Brett!).

I wish I’d never worn
… that duck t-shirt. I loved it, but I wish I hadn´t.

My mother told me… in very precise instructions how to prepare yeast for Hot Cross Buns, although I was a biochemist growing 10 litres of yeast culture a day.

I wish I had... a superpower.

My most humiliating moment was... when my slightly older cousins smeared lipstick all over my 10 year old face, telling me it was eyeshadow and rouge and that I looked gorgeous.

At home I cook…and DrH does the dishes. I don´t do dishes. Or vacuum. Or iron.

My last meal would be…
, well, I´m hoping for something quite soft and digestible as that would indicate I´ve made it a fair way along in years.

I’m very bad at…
finishing one project before starting another.

When I was a child… I wore my hair in Princess Lea inspired looped plaits.

The book that changed my life is… I´d have to say Communion by Whitley Striber because that introduced me to the poetry of W.H. Auden, which introduced me to modern poetry.

It’s not fashionable, but I love… embroidery.

Friends say I am… a pretty happy type of person.

The song I’d like played at my funeral is…
Throw Your Arms Around Me. You can take the Aussie out of Oz but not the Oz out of the Aussie.

If only I could…
move Germany next to Australia.

The last big belly laugh I had was… watching the dog walk head first into a pole. Well, it WAS funny.

What I don’t find amusing is… the US government.

I’m always being asked… is vary pronounced var-EE or var-I?

If I wasn’t me… I guess some other sucker would be stuck with this nose.

At the moment I’m listening to…
the truck delivering heating oil to next door.

My favourite work of art is… the one hanging over my couch.

If I were a car I’d be… a Messerschmidt (one wheel short....).

I often wonder…
what happened to half of my friends from Uni.

TAG:. KilowattHour, Susan

4 comments:

Ourmanintokyo said...

Blame Born Dancin'! I promise that next time I'll give you a break and tag somebody else ;)

Susan said...

Check it out.

kilowatthour said...

oh man. if it wasn't so early in the morning, i'd do this right now. but as it is the one cup of coffee hasn't quite kicked in yet and i'm too lazy to go get a second. brain not functional.

messerschmidt. ha.

kilowatthour said...

i finally did it. whew!