Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Shootin´ the breeze, chasing the cheese, a life of ease

Well I´ve finally gotten my latest travel plans worked out, after calling a a friend on an Italian mobile, messaging another via Yahoo in Japan and emailing one located in England. I´m all logisticed out.

So now in two weeks I´ll be heading down to Frankfurt for two days to meet up with OurManInTokyo, for the first time in 3 1/2 years. I´m really looking forward to that. Shootin´the breeze and all.

When he trundles off to Tübingen for a course, I´m jumping on a plane to Londinium to meet 1-Degree Grant, so called because his cousin married Liv Tyler and Grant peed next to David Bowie at the wedding. See how close I am to fame? Anyway he´ll be taking me over to Gloucestershire for the annual Cheese Rolling event. I´m not sure I´ll build up the nerve to throw myself down that hill, but if I do I´ll be sure to get some footage.

Over the same week the Hay-On-Wye book festival is on. This is something that I´ve desperately wanted to go to for years, so I´ll see if I can convince 1-Degree Grant to get on over to Wales for a day.

I´ll then fly back into Frankfurt, only 4 days after having left it to meet up with Permanent HoliDave and DrH, who´ll have driven the Combi van down from Berlin. We´ll all pile in and head over to the Nürburgring for the Rock am Ring festival. Check out that line up. We´ll camp, we´ll party, we´ll go deaf. For 3 days. Joy!

Then we´ll spend 10 hours driving back to Berlin and I imagine I´ll sleep for a week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want your sort of job.Alas, still waiting on lotto