Sunday, July 08, 2007

black box

Many moons ago I mentioned I was writing a piece of short fiction. Horror drabble. For those "not in the know" as us "writers" (I am actually making the quotation marks with my fingers as I´m writing this - just so you know) are, drabble is a short short short piece which has to be EXACTLY one hundred words long.

This appears to be my optimum writing length.

This does not bode well for the Great DrJ Magnum Opus.

Anyway, this mini piece of horror I submitted to an anthology and I just got the rejection.

BUT I HAD BEEN SHORTLISTED.

As I don´t read, watch or even try and think of horror, this made me rather proud. Unfortunately, I just reread my submission and now feel like going and having a quiet little vomit in a corner somewhere. I really shouldn´t do that to myself.

No comments: