Friday, December 28, 2007

yeah, reckon this one is definately germany's next top model


Yesterday I went and did some modelling for SuperCoolMatti - something he does whenever there are extra friends and family around who like to ham it up in front of a camera. These weren't for anything specific, just stock photos of a couple of themes and I got to act like a model for an hour, primping and preening and pretending to be gorgeous.



It's interesting to realise how far out of Anglo saxon society I am these days: I didn't even CONSIDER putting on makeup for it. With very few exceptions I don't wear makeup - something that I was rarely without in my early twenties. I usually only get back into when in Australia again, because almost every woman around me there does their face before leaving the house of a morning. German women generally wear extremely little makeup, and I'm taking that as: a) the reason that they seem to age really well and b) a damn good excuse for me not to bother with it.



Now obviously a shot like the one above would benefit from a bit of eyeliner, a dab of eyeshadow, or perhaps just someone with SINGLE COLOURED EYES. But you know the worst thing about my multicoloured eyes? They are the MOST INTERESTING THING ABOUT ME. Which is such a sad state of being that I think I shall go and sink myself in leftover plum pudding and plot cunning ways of turning into one of those ├╝ber-cool people I keep seeing about the place.

8 comments:

EcoGeoFemme said...

You have great eyebrows. That's an interesting thing!

Snooker said...

Yes, I agree... your eyebrows are very expressive.

It really looks like you had fun!

Dr. J said...

Ummm, thanks? I found myself this afternoon running a finger over my eyebrows and then waggling them suggestively at DrH - hoping, of course, that he would comment on their excessive expressionism and beauty. He didn't, but he thinks I have a great personality ;-)

Anonymous said...

a new career awaits?

Anonymous said...

defin I tely

EcoGeoFemme said...

Love the new banner/subtitle. :)

Dr. J said...

Thanks! And thank you of course for the inspiration ;-)

Stone Free said...

You are looking terribly German I must say. Looks like you maybe heading towards being included in one of those Clip Art packages. Tops.