Thursday, February 14, 2008

on the road again

I haven't been a particularly productive blogger recently, but even that is about to go on a fortnight's hiatus as DrH and I are off. Tomorrow morning we're spending about 6 hours in a car without heating to visit the parents-in-law and celebrate DrH's father's birthday. After a weekend of being spoilt and overfed, we're leaving the dog there and flying out of Frankfurt to Hurghada for 12 days in an all inclusive resort on Egypt's Red Sea Riviera (as all the CNN ads call it).

So now I'm digging under the bed and trying to find all my neatly packed away summer clothes and wondering if I should try and hunt down a new pair of bathers today.

I suppose I should also think about getting DrH an anniversary present as well.. anyone have any ideas?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great time to go to Egypt! I suppose the country is still in trance, celebrating its victory at the African Cup of Nations!

When a txi driver asks you where you r from, tell him, "from Germany, you know, Mohamed Zidan, Hamburger SV, great player", and he will certainly smile. :)

Have a great trip!

Jan

Paul B. said...

It's about time you came back... :-)