Wednesday, April 23, 2008

poor little bunny

I managed to come down with a nasty cold on Monday which saw my lungs once again attempt to escape my body through my nostrils. It's been an unpleasant few days, but I have braved it stoically and only very occasionally complained like a guy.

Last night, I decided that, despite my crippling disability, my heroic battle with adversity, I would go to my writing group. It had been a fortnight since I was last there and my fiction muscle had frozen up. I got through the meeting alright and even managed to get a few words on paper which surprised my own fúzzy brain. DrH, the lovely, generous caring man that he is, came and picked me up so that I didn't have to suffer through an hour on public transport in my miserable state.

By the time we were home I was a mess. Straight into bed, wearing three layers of clothing and my big, thick dressing gown and huddled under two doonas and I was still freezing. DrH cuddled me to provide more warmth but it was only when I had him rub my forehead and say "poor little bunny" that I was actually able to stop shivering enough to fall asleep. Whaddya know, I have a man cold.

1 comment:

Helen said...

Poor little bunny. I'm just popping off to make you some soup.