Wednesday, July 09, 2008

my life as a TV series

So a new header has gone up, only just in time to start trying to work out what the next one should be. Life's been getting busy recently and as well as the blogging work, I've got my business starting to lift off, collaborations with others starting to take up more time and then there's my fiction writing. Which has taken a back seat to everything else at the moment unfortunately.

But I did get another rejection! Yay!

Last week I went and had a very minor operation, which wasn't in the slightest bit life threatening or even interesting, but did mean that I was given a total anaesthetic for the first time in my life. I was apparently asleep for about twenty minutes before they came and took me to the theatre, but I did realise enough to notice that I was being moved. So I forced my eyes open just to experience that ceiling-flicking-passed image shown in every medical drama.

And whaddya know? It looks just like that!

The operating room had an amazing number of people in it to my addled brain, and all dressed head to toe in green. I do remember looking over to the right and seeing a big machine with lots of blinking lights and buttons and pings and thinking "Ahh, yes. Just as it should be", before a green person held a mask over my face and told me to breathe deeply.

As that blue oxygen mask drew closer I drifted back into unconcious thinking "This is just so TOTALLY ER."

No comments: