Wednesday, May 06, 2009

everything, all at once

Things have gotten a tad hectic in this neck of the woods.

In news so horrible it's bordering on ridiculous, there is now the fourth cancer case in my extended family in the last five months and I'm relaying information here, there and everywhere. Luckily this one, as two of the three before it, seems to have been caught in time, treated appropriately and individuals involved are recovering well.

DrH's mum has had a shoulder operation and he's spending this week down in his hometown helping her with the day-to-day of life and trying to spend as much time working on the car. Which really needs it, let's be honest. Holes I can stick my finger through have appeared in the body and if the engine compartment continues rusting the way it is, we'll be leaving the entire motor behind us on the road one day soon.

Ahh classic cars. We love 'em, we hate 'em and we sink time and money into them. Just like dogs, actually, whom I'm missing greatly as he's down with DrH as well.

Me? Well I started full time work this week. The freelance position has morphed into a contract position and will be full time for at leat the next few months. Interestingly I'm doing more of an IT development-type project at the moment, which is new and fun and frustrating and leaves me with a screaming headache at the end of the day. Exponential learning curve. Gosh, I'm glad I'm still doing new and different stuff but, gosh, can it be a challenge.

Did you notice that? I wrote GOSH. Twice, even. This is me trying not to swear as there are so many kids around me these days I'm finding my normal statements of Holy Fucking Shit This Bastard Fucking Headache Is Splitting My Fucking Head Fucking Open are considered slightly inappropriate.

Gosh, who would have thought it?

I also have my first solo exhibition this Friday. Now I SAY solo exhibition because it makes me sound cool and arty and important, but it's really just a couple of embroidery pieces hanging on a shop wall. However it's the closest thing to creativity I've ever done so I'm damn well going to call it a solo fucking exhibition.

Of course there won't actually be any fucking taking place AT the exhibition. Well, not now that my plans for the interpretive dance presentation fell through.

But regardless of the absence of carnal adventures, if anyone would like to come along it's this Friday, 8th May at Linkle, Wrangelstr. 80 in Kreuzberg. I shall supply the embroidery and a few drinks, but it's BYO on the interpretive dance.

And the fucking.

Gosh.

2 comments:

vailian said...

Sweet post. Gosh.
Let me know of the solo show makes it as far south as Cologne.

mannafriend said...

Hello,
I am bouncing all around these blogs here...I land on yours, read your a scientist, your mum has cancer...I know of something in Germany that can help her and it is right up your alley as a scientist.

You dont know me from atom (ha ha)
so here is my email address kristasilver@gmail.com
Drop me a note and we can chat more. I am happy to pass you some info.

One can get log on all these blogs and clicking here and there...!

Cheers!
Krista
skype ksilver11